I have wanted to start a blog for quite some time (read: 12 years), but a lack of technical expertise, and a strong streak of perfectionism has rendered me prostrate with a sense of hopelessness.
Basically, I have been procrastinating for 43 years. I am EXCELLENT at procrastinating. I could do a thesis on it. Teach people how to do it. Win awards for it. (Oh, I wish there was a Procrastination Award!)
This is an example of my thought processes and procrastination trail on Wednesday, when I was putting off writing my first blog post:
- Decide to write first blog post.
- Hmmm. Ironing basket looks full. I’ll just ‘zero’ the ironing basket (i.e. do every single little item right down to an old handkerchief that has been sitting in the basket for 5 years) while listening to this old album by The Waifs that I just found. (Yay!)
- What was the name of that guy in The Waifs?
- Find album cover and look up name. OH, YES, Josh. That’s right. Josh. Hmm. he was cute. I wonder if he ever got married.
- Google ‘Josh Cunningham’ to see if he ever got married.
- Spend next hour looking at every article / You Tube video of The Waifs from the past 10 years.
- While Googling, discover new recipe.
- Check pantry for ingredients to make recipe.
- Missing three vital ingredients. Need to go to shop.
- Need shower before I go to shop, because hair is hideous, and might run into someone I know.
- Drive into town to buy ingredients.
- Remember that I need Halloween costume for my daughter.
- Get home several hours later with groceries, a Halloween costume and library books.
- Ummm…What was I meant to be doing?
So, I am pleased to say that now, on the last Friday afternoon in October 2015, I am finally throwing myself into the arms of the cyber world, putting myself on a platter (in a manner of speaking) and presenting to you my first ever blog post.
I dedicate my first post to Cassie, who popped the procrastination bubble and helped me get started. x